Wonders of Learning
Our Wonder Curriculum vision is to inspire and create awe and marvel, investigating our world as it exists today and events that have marked our past.
Teachers will take the lead from the interests and curiosities of the children and all learning will follow. Each year group will explore six wonders of learning over the course of the academic year.
Each wonder will include the following;
- -All wonders will start with a Wonder moment (where children are immersed in their new learning for a day/experience and generate many questions).
- -Each teacher will conduct a Wonder crop finding out KWL as pre and post assessment
- -A Wonder question will be generated for learning to begin to answer.
- -As part of the wonders of learning children will experience a Wonder Adventure. These can be external trips or internal experiences/visitors, preferably a mixture of the two.
- -Finally learners will experience a Celebration of Wonder where their learning is shared with parents/carers or the community during each wonder of learning.
Displays in class will show the learning journey at each of these stages. Learning will largely be governed by the Wonder question following The National Curriculum using cross curricular links. Where links cannot be made during the wonder of learning subjects will be taught discreetly.
The Wonders of Learning will follow the teaching and learning design and content teaching sequence.
At Moorlands we strive for Great Learning, Great Teaching and Great Fun.
You can find out more in our Teaching for Learning Policy.
To find out more about each year groups learning, please click on below links.
If you would like further information about our curriculum, please contact our Acting Deputy Head, Katie Pearson via the school office.