Our Vision, Aims and Goals
Our Vision for Every Child
‘Great learning, Great teaching, Great fun!’
At Moorlands we aim to provide an inclusive, caring and supportive environment which has high expectations and values all members of our school community. We recognise and respect the needs and aspirations of individuals and provide opportunities for them all to make the best possible progress and attain the highest personal achievements.
Our Mission Statement
Learning is at the heart of Moorlands Schools Federation
Moorlands aims to provide high quality primary education for children of all nationalities and backgrounds. The school encourages and supports its children in all areas of their learning and development. Moorlands Schools Federation is a caring, happy and friendly environment in which children can discover and unlock their full potential in all aspects of their learning whether it is academic or personal development. We strive to cultivate a love of learning so that children are fully involved in their education whilst empowering them to understand how they learn best so they can achieve more and make outstanding progress
We believe that this does not just happen in the classroom. We seek to offer an extensive program of extracurricular activities and visits designed to enrich and extend our children’s learning experience. Through all forms of learning, we strive to further mutual respect for all people, irrespective of ability, race, gender and cultural or religious differences. We seek to create opportunities for children to celebrate diversity, break down cultural barriers and collaborate. Through an emphasis on social responsibility, community involvement and global awareness, we hope to develop global citizens of the future who are confident young people, resilient and ready to meet the challenges of the ever-changing world in which they will live.
Together Everyone Achieves More (TEAM Moorlands)
Moorlands Schools Federation is developing a parent engagement strategy into both its schools. International research is clear. The biggest single reason a child does well in their education is when their parents/carers take a real, active and consistent interest in what they are learning in school at home. Research suggests that a parent who is actively and consistently engaged in their child can add the equivalent of two to three years of extra education to that pupil over their whole school career. When parents are engaged children get better grades, have fewer discipline problems and are more likely to be successful in their lives. By working in partnership, we seek to:
- unlock the potential in every child
- develop children with lively, enquiring minds
- develop children’s confidence, capacity and passion for learning
- develop respect, honesty, equality, integrity, tolerance, fairness and trust
- provide rich and varied experiences within an exciting and challenging curriculum
- encourage children to value diversity
- encourage children to be resilient, enthusiastic and independent learners
- encourage children to become active, responsible and internationally-minded citizens in a rapidly changing world
At Moorlands we know that academic performance is highly important however we strongly believe that this needs to go hand in hand with a child’s personal development. Through Our Core Values and Our Personal Goals we encourage independent learning, empowering our children to take on responsibility. The children learn to celebrate diversity with a spirit of understanding and tolerance and develop a positive regard and awareness of others.
Our Core Values
- 21st Century Citizens – Empower our children to make active contributions to local, national and global communities
- 21st Century Values – Accepting that we are all different, but equally important and our behaviour demonstrates this
- 21st Century Leaders – Developing each child’s individuality and spirit in order to discover how they can lead from the front; be an effective team player; and develop positive personal skills such as making fair and just choices or facing challenges with determination
- 21st Century Learners – Developing learning skills for the future to help our children become critical and flexible thinkers, who question, adapt and think creatively to meet the demands of the future.
Our 5 Strategic Goals
- Teaching at Moorlands is at least good and much is outstanding
- Pupils achieve above national expectations
- Pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their life
- Pupil enjoy school and make the most of the varied learning experiences on offer
- All parents and carers feel included as a key partner in their child’s learning
Our Personal Goals
These are key skills which we believe will help prepare our pupils for the next stage of their lives. At Moorlands these are known as Personal Goals.
- thoughtfulness – able to think twice, check and reflect on my work, myself and others.
- morality – always do the right thing.
- respect – treat others the way I want to be treated.
- resilience – keep trying until I succeed.
- enquiry – discover new things by asking questions.
- cooperation – work together with a team.
- communication – share my ideas and feelings in many different ways.
- adaptability – fit in with anyone