At Moorlands we have high expectations for all our children and are proud of our school uniform. Wearing school uniform is one obvious symbol that children share these expectations, so all children must wear it.
Please see our School Uniform Policy (please hyperlink here: https://moorlands-school.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/MSF-School-Uniform-Policy-Nov-2022.pdf) for information about the school uniform aims and expectations.
Moorlands-branded school jumpers are available from Marks and Spencer ; unbranded items are widely available from a number of retailers.
Our PTA runs a second-hand uniform shop where low-cost second-hand uniform items are available to families. Please contact the school office for more information.
We ask that children to come to school dressed in the appropriate clothes as listed below on days that they have PE or outdoor learning.
Green jumper jumper/fleece/cardigan. These items are available with a Moorlands logo but children may wear a jumper/fleece/cardigan without a Moorlands logo. In this case we ask that all jumpers are:
- Knitted rather than jersey-type fabric
- V-Neck (in the case of a jumper)
- As close as possible a green to the Moorlands branded jumper; most retailers refer to this colour simply as ‘green’ but there is some variation. For example, some refer to it as ‘bottle green’ or ‘forest green’.
- Moorlands Infant School: white polo shirt
- Moorlands Juniors School: white polo shirt OR white shirt with Moorlands tartan tie
- Black or grey trousers/skirt/knee length shorts
- Green and white check summer dresses may be worn in warmer weather
- Plain black, grey or white socks or tights (leggings may be worn under skirts/dresses but must be shorter than the dress or skirt) Black shoes
At Moorlands, appropriate kit should be worn for all PE activities. Appropriate kit is that which presents no risk to injury to the wearer or other children.
For all PE lessons:
If children are participating in after-school sports clubs, they should come to school in their school uniform and change into their sports kit after school. Children will be expected to wear their school uniform PE kit to sports clubs.
It is essential that ALL clothing is CLEARLY NAMED. Where clothing is labelled it can easily be returned to its owner.